Terry O’Neill - Chief Operating Officer, Butler & Young Group, representing the Building Control Alliance
Tel: 01869 321590 Mobile: 07808 888304 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Enforcement Workstream of the Fire Sector Federation (FSF) provides a forum to evaluate the effectiveness of all current legislation that impacts on fire safety. The Workstream also encourages discussion on ways in which it can promote a consistent approach in the application, interpretation and enforcement of legislation.
The Workstream encourages the attendance of FSF members who can provide a wide diversification of opinions, including fire authorities, building control bodies, representative bodies, professional bodies, consultants, engineers, manufacturers, architects, designers, contractors and end users.
The Workstream objectives are to:
- evaluate the effectiveness of the legislation
- help provide a consistent approach to the interpretation and implementation of fire legislation
- evaluate enforcement procedures
- review consultation procedures
- review supporting guidance to meet legislative requirements
- review ways in which the person legally obligated under legislation can be supported by enforcing / approving authorities
- liaise with other Workstreams where overlapping of issues is likely
- 1 February 2017 – London
- 12 April 2017 – London
- 12 July 2017 – London
- 11 October 2017 – London